Causes of Dry Hair
When hair does not get enough moisture, Hair gets moisture from sebaceous gland attached to the hair follicle inside the scalp. Sometimes these glands do not produce enough oil to moisturise the hair like when you grow old.
When hair does not retain enough moisture. Hair gets protection from the sun and heat by cuticle, which is the outer layer of the hair shaft. It also retains the moisture. Any condition that damage the cuticle leads to dry hair too.
Spending lots of time in the harsh sun or wind.
Frequent swimming in chlorinated or salty water.
Washing your hair too often.
Wsing harsh shampoos, conditioners, or styling products.
Dying, perming or relaxing your hair.
Regularly blow-drying your hair.
Using electric curling irons or straighteners use of heat, chemical, traction, friction, etc. Causes hair shaft and cuticle damage in various ways which cause dryness of hair. Excess is washing or using harsh shampoo wash away oil from hair cause dryness.
SOME DISEASE ALSO CAUSE DRY HAIR
RESULT OF DRYNESS
1. Find out if some disease like hypothyroidism or malnutrition is there. Treating these diseases will automatically relieve from dryness.
2. Wash your hair less often.
3. Use a mild shampoo made specifically to help dry hair because it will have fewer drying detergents.
4. Use hair products that don’t have alcohol because it is drying.
5. Follow the shampoo with a moisturizing conditioner. It will keep cuticles lying flat so they hold in natural oils
6. Use leave on serum during day .
If hair fall is observed while oiling do not massage, just oil it.
WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER IS BEST FOR DRY HAIR.
Anti dry shampoo is very helpful.
Do not use harsh shampoo.
Conditioner is very helpful. Use super moisturising or hydrating conditioner.